Saturday, July 15, 2017

Eyelet Chevron Afghan


I found this wonderful pattern on YouTube via Joannesweb.com. I’m just wondering why, oh why I bought 8 skeins of Red Heart Melonberry. I’m not even certain I like it. It looked quite different on the web images. It’s an… interesting color. I’ve never seen anything made with it. I like the kind of dusky tone but the colors are just, I dunno, “off” for me. I’m going with it, though. Gotta do something with 8 skeins, after all. Might add a row or two of some leftover purple and/or yellow just for giggles. Onward.

01-11-2017

I’m working the pattern in rows of front loops or back loops only to add a little textural interest. I must admit the color is growing on me. Mom loves it. Nuff said.

01-11-2017

Noting down the pattern in case I lose it. 
Ch 205 (multiple of 17 +1) 
Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, 
7 dc, (dc, ch 2, dc), 7 dc, sk 2. Repeat across. 
ch 3, turn. 
Row 2: dec over 2 twice, 6 dc, ch 2, 8 dc, sk 2, 8 dc. Repeat across until last group, dec over 2 twice, 6dc, ch 3, turn. 
Repeat row 2 until size desired.

01-15-2017

Funny how I was ambivalent about the color and now I really like it. The subtle “pop” of the bright yellow ties in well with the more muted, dusky colors of the melonberry. It’s 140 inches across but not nearly as heavy as I would have anticipated. Winning!

Hooks & yarn
5.0 mm (H)
Melonberry
Pink
Walmart
Yellow

0 comments: