Saturday, July 15, 2017

Den Curtain


Project info

Den Curtain

Diamond Stitch Baby Blanket by Olga Poltava

Crochet

Hooks & yarn

3.5 mm (E)
4.0 mm (G)


White


June 12, 2017
 Notes

06-18-2017

A new AC necessitates a new curtain. Mom really loves her diamond pattern projects so she’s ordered another! Sounds good to me. This will be a good take-along project for all the doctor visits we have scheduled lately.

06-23-2017

The first skein covers 16 1/2 rows, just for reference. The color has yet to grow on me, but I think it’s perfect for the room. I’m working the project slowly, with the Reddit bedspread taking priority, which is why a fairly simple and often-worked pattern seems to be taking forever.

06-25-2017

I’m finally thinking I didn’t flub it on the color choice. The yarn splits frequently but heals well; I put the splitting down to the hook size. If I’d gone with a 4mm rather than a 3.5, there’d be less splitting. I had to frog 4 rows last night because I flubbed one edge and had kept adding stitches. Sigh. But I still enjoy the pattern and it’s a nice companion piece to the bedspread, both lighter in color and weight, so that I look forward to getting to work on it, so all is well. Onward.

06-28-2017

Working skein 3.

06-30-2017

Skein 4.

07-03-2017

Skein 5 and about 9” remaining to the top of the curtain rod.

07-05-2017

Skein 6. Almost done!

07-06-2017

Finished! It took about 5 1/3 skeins. The part across the rod would look better if I had started from the top, maybe, but even that looks fine. I used double treble crochet (US terms) with a 4mm hook for the stitches needed to go around the rod.

0 comments: