Thursday, August 13, 2009

DNF: E X Ferrars: Skeleton in Search of a Closet

I stumbled across this one and loved the title. I just didn't bother past chapter one, thus the DNF (Did Not Finish). I don't normally review my DNF's, but I just wanted to say that there was nothing wrong with this book really, it's just not my cuppa. About the fourth time I was having to read a description of how someone took off their coat and where it was put and what someone was dressed in -- in detail-- and it apparently had nothing to do with what was going on, I gave up. I mean, hey, I get up in the morning, take my shower, brush my teeth, put on undies, pants, top, my watch, brush my hair... but I don't think anyone should be bored to tears with that kind of detail. I got up and went to work. I assume you understand I did all the usual stuff it takes to get to that point. I have a peeve about that kind of writing. Can't help it. Won't change it. Sorry. If you've got a story to tell, get to it already. Life is short and my TBR (To Be Read) pile is endless.

0 comments: