Monday, June 14, 2010

I love you, Kissie Bear

Kissie BearMy little dog died today after 14 loving years of friendship. She filled an enormous void in our lives and leaves a great gaping hole now that she is gone. I had originally named her Champagne because of her color, but my Dad named her for my sister's teddy bear. She looked a great deal like that little bear when she was a wee puppy and so the name felt just right. Like my sister, Kissie was never quite well, having knee problems and frequent stomach problems, but she tried hard to keep up, she loved us and was a comfort to us through good times and bad. She had an independent streak a mile wide, but always included us in her days. She will be greatly missed now that she's returned to the God who loaned her to us. Thank you, Father. Please tell her we love her still.
Kissie Bear
Kissie Bear
Kissie Bear
Kissie Bear

0 comments: